Join the Crew as a Volunteer
Experience hands-on conservation on board a wooden research ship focusing on the open sea ecosystem, while joining a crew of like-minded scientists, sailors and volunteers.
Since 1989 Alnitak has welcomed over 3800 volunteers from over 100 nations on board Toftevaag. Each and every individual has made their own unique contribution, making our conservation projects possible.
An expedition consists of:
– 11 days living and working on board. Typical ratio is 4 crew – 8 volunteers.
– An economic contribution of 1100 EUROS from the volunteer to cover his or her costs while on board plus supporting the scientific programs.
– Working at sea using every moment of daylight possible, maximising our search effort when conditions allow us to (sea states 0 and 1).
– Full safety briefings and training in research methods and sailing manoeuvres.
Volunteers are vital to our work
If you are keen to join us, check out our dates below then fill in the information and day your share. Once this is done, your place will be secured and we will be in touch with you in the build-up towards departure.
- You cannot add "x Balearic Island 6 - from 17 to 27 September" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Showing all 8 results
Alborán Sea 2 – from 20 to 30 MayJoin Us Reserve your place
Toftevaag goes North 1 – from 3 to 13 JuneJoin Us Reserve your place
Toftevaag goes North 2 – from 17 to 27 JuneJoin Us Reserve your place
Balearic Islands: Cabrera National Park 3 – from 29 July to 8 AugustJoin Us Reserve your place
Balearic Islands: Cabrera National Park 4 – from 12 to 22 AugustJoin Us Reserve your place
Balearic Islands: south of Menorca – from 26 August to 5 SeptemberJoin Us Reserve your place
Balearic Islands: Tramuntana mountains & Sea 1 – from 9 to 19 SeptemberJoin Us Reserve your place
Balearic Islands: Tramuntana mountains & Sea 2 – from 23 September to 3 OctoberJoin Us Reserve your place